2016 has already been a year we Brits won’t forget, whether it’s because of Brexit, Bowie, or bowing out in the Euros to Iceland. It’s not all doom and gloom however – as eternal optimists we know that good news is brimming, if you take time to look beneath the front pages.
As well as the many jaw-dropping moments which have occupied the headlines, there have been many which have caused us to break out in a smile – and we’re only half way through the year!
Our list of top 10 moments in 2016 includes:
1. Launches – in the space of the last 6 months we’ve launched some truly ground-breaking websites for organisations such as Telford & Wrekin Council, Allen & Son and Willen Hospice. With more great websites in the pipeline, we think 2016 will go down as a year when we really pushed ourselves to follow our creative visions to the max.
2. New additions – in June our Senior PR Account Manager Anne brought little Lucas Walsh into the great wide world, and into our offices just a few weeks ago to introduce himself!
3. Awards – we were delighted to win the ‘Best B2C Technology Innovation’ accolade at the BrightSparc awards, for our website for Grand Central in Birmingham which was launched in September of last year.
4. Community – early in the year Interdirect became an honorary Member of MK College’s Partners’ Programme, demonstrating our commitment to the college as a hub of mainstream as well as professional learning and networking. We look forward to all that this partnership has to offer to the city!
5. Recruitment – ID has expanded in 2016 and taken on some fabulous new talent! We’ve welcomed Jake Hall, our New Business Development Manager, Emma Mullings who joined our team of Account Managers, and Alice Jenkins as Senior PR Account Manager alongside Anne.
6. Charity – we’ve always been key supporters of local initiatives and love an excuse to don fancy dress and do some good for the community. Our latest charity project was just this weekend, taking part in the Midnight Moo midnight walk, when we rose over our target of £250!
7. Wins – we’ve taken on some fantastic new clients so far in 2016, including Bedfordia Group, Webb Hotels & Travel and Tarmac, as well as doing more for our existing clients.
8. Ringing bells – Senior PR Account Manager Alice got married and went from a Bramall to a Jenkins! The sight of her decorated desk isn’t one we will soon forget…
9. Expansion – in June we launched a new website promoting SiteLite, our innovative and affordable ‘off-the-shelf’ web design services. Bridging the gap between websites you build yourself and a bespoke site (with a price point to match), we’re on a mission to help small businesses in MK and surrounding areas.
10. Events – in March we helped organise and produce the biggest and best MKBAA so far! More than 550 of Milton Keynes’ finest business people attended to see 14 awards handed out to local businesses by compere Debra Stephenson. Bring on MKBAA 2017!
As you can see, it’s been quite a year so far! We wonder what the next 4 months have in store…